On this text you will learn how we collect, store and use data from our readers at roadtripspainandportugal.com
The basics you should know
At roadtripspainandportugal.com your personal data is treated with respect. We make a huge effort to protect your rights.
- we never request any personal data that is not essential for the running of the website.
- we never share any personal data with other parties, with the only exception of the authorities upon request or when we have you authorization.
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that you child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
If you are under the age of 13 and visit roatripspainandportugal.com without your parents consent, you must not leave any personal data on the website.
Get to know the law
ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal is a website operating from Spain, and it is for that reason that we make a huge effort to abide by three sets of very important legislation regulating the relationship between the users of the website (you!) and those responsible for the website (us!). The legislation:
- Organic Law (Spain) 15/1999, of December 13, Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal (LOPD), and Royal Decree 1720/2007, of December 21, known as the Regulations for the development of the LOPD.
- Law (Spain) 34/2002, of July 11, Servicios de la Sociedad de Información y Comercio Electrónico (LSSICE or LSSI).
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The pieces of legislation above make it compulsory to show you who is behind ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal.
My name: José Antonio Gálvez Castiella
Business name: ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal
Address: Lagos de Millares, 22. 50011 Zaragoza. Spain
When and how do we collect personal data?
We want you to understand, in the clearest possible way, how we collect and store personal data.
If you want to read the contents of roadtripspainandportugal.com, you do not need to identify yourself or share any personal data.
We only request personal data:
- when you leave a question or a comment on the commentary boxes of roadtripspainandportugal.com. To do so, you need to provide you name, e-mail and, if you have one, your website.
- when you subscribe to our newsletter. In that case, you need to share with us your name and email.
See a few instances when we collect personal data from you:
- commentary box. The first time you leave a comment on roadtripspainandportugal.com you will need to share with us your name and email (as well as your website if you have one and are willing to share it). From the second time you leave a comment onwards, you will not need to share those details again. Your information will be stored on the servers of SiteGround (the company where roadtripspainandportugal.com is hosted), within the European Union.
- newsletter. When you sign up to receive our newsletter, you will need to provide us with your email address. The Rocket Science Group LLC (Mailchimp), based in the United States, is responsible for the handling of that information. See more information at www.mailchimp.com.
ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal does not have a contact form.
As established by the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), José Antonio Gálvez Castiella (ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal), address Lagos de Millares, 22, 50011 Spain, is the person responsible for the capture and processing of user data at the website.
You can cancel the subscription to our newsletter using the option provided to that end. If you want your comments removed from the website get in touch at tony @ roadtripspainandportugal.com
As a user, you are responsible for the authenticity of the data provided. ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal reserves the right to exclude from our website those users providing false data.
Data protection legislation recognizes the following rights to the users of ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal:
- request access to the personal data collected.
- request the correction or deletion of the data.
- refuse to allow the data to be processed.
ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal respects your rights. You will receive a prompt reply from us if you request any of the options mentioned above. Get in touch by email on tony @ roadtripsspainandportugal.com, with a copy of your ID, writing DATA PROTECTION on the subject field.
You are also entitled to present a claim if you feel the use ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal makes of your data is against your rights. You will have to get in touch with the Spanish Agencia Española de Protección de Datos.
Legal basis for the handling of your data.
How long will your data be kept?
The personal data you supply will be stored for as long as ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal exists or until you request its deletion.
Who will have access to your data?
We use several third-party tools that might handle your data. For ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal to work correctly, we share data with the following services:
- SiteGround: the hosting service for ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal. With an address in Spain, the company handles data to be able to deliver hosting services for ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal.
- WordPress: the software platform used to build our website. WordPress handles data to be able to deliver services to ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal. See more information at WordPress.org.
- The Rocket Science Group LLC (Mailchimp): with a US address, it is the company we use for the distribution of our newsletter. It handles data to be able to send the newsletter to registered users. More information at www.mailchimp.com.
While you browse through ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal, non personal data, such as IP addresses, approximate geolocation or user behaviour might be collected. Such data cannot be used to establish the identity of the user.
Such data can be collected by ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal or by third-party services such as Google Analytics.
The information extracted from that data allows us to understand how the website works and how we can improve its design and content.
Security of your personal data
ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal are committed to ensure the confidential treatment of personal data. Data will only be used for the purposes mentioned on this document. We will take all the measures we can to avoid its loss, alteration or misuse.
ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal uses an SSL certificate that ensures the safe transmission of data. The data you send to us is encrypted.
The security of your personal data is important to us, but be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of a security breach, it will be communicated to our users as soon as possible.
Both myself, José Antonio Gálvez Castiella, or any other person authorized by ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal to access your data, work under the obligation of ensuring the strictest confidentiality of your data.
The user of this website is the only party responsible for the authenticity of the data transmitted to roadtripspainandportugal.com. ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal has no responsibility on that regard.
Acceptance and consent
You can revoke the consent given to ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal at any given moment. Get in touch with ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal to exercise your right.
To fulfill Spanish law 34/2002, of 11 July, “Servicios de la Sociedad de Información y Comercio Electrónico (LSSI o LSSICE)”, I do confirm José Antonio Gálvez Castiella does not send unsolicited commercial emails that have not been authorized by the user.
The form used to sign up for the ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal newsletter contains a request for consent that must be accepted before the subscription is processed.
- By email: tony @ roatripspainandportugal.com