Welcome to ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal. On this page you will find the information related to the legal terms and conditions that define the relationship between you and this website. We think it is always a good idea to be aware of these legal terms before using the site.
For us, authors of ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal, it is all about building trust between you, dear reader of the website, and ourselves. If you have any doubts or queries about the topics presented here, make sure you get in touch for clarification!
As the people responsible for ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal, we follow a code of good practice. We abide by all the rules existing in Spain (where the website is based) and Europe, rules that attempt to uphold the rights of everyone involved.
Get to know the law
ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal is a website operating from Spain, and it is for that reason that we make a huge effort to abide by three sets of very important legislation regulating the relationship between the users of the website (you!) and those responsible for the website (us!). The legislation:
- Organic Law (Spain) 15/1999, of December 13, Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal (LOPD), and Royal Decree 1720/2007, of December 21, known as the Regulations for the development of the LOPD.
- Law (Spain) 34/2002, of July 11, Servicios de la Sociedad de Información y Comercio Electrónico (LSSICE or LSSI).
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The pieces of legislation above make it compulsory to show you who is behind ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal.
My name: José Antonio Gálvez Castiella
Business name: ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal
Address: Lagos de Millares, 22. 50011 Zaragoza. Spain
ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal is an online guide with information on road trips and driving in the countries of Spain and Portugal. While we research and write the texts that will find on the website, we make a great effort to be extra careful. We aim to provide accurate and up-to-date information. The information published on the website is free and it is not provided in exchange for any payment. It is for that reason that we cannot assume any responsibilities for the use our readers make of the information provided on the website.
It is a well known fact that information such as schedules and prices can change at an alarming speed. For that reason, and whenever possible, we publish links to the original sources of information. While we do our best to provide accurate information, we can make mistakes.
ROAD TRIP Spain & Portugal doesn’t have any business relationship with the places mentioned on the website, be it tourist attractions, accommodation services, transportation companies or restaurants. We share our personal experiences as customers in an attempt to help our readers with their choices.
Personal data we collect
What are your duties?
There are a few duties that you, user of ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal, must fulfill:
- you are not allowed to use our website for unlawful purposes or other purposes that may hinder the normal running of our website.
- you will not engage on any behaviour that might harm the rights or the image of ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal, or any activities that would overload the website.
On the contents of the website:
- you will not reproduce them, redistribute them or modify them without our written authorization. Please, do ask before you copy any material!
- you will not use the contents of the website for commercial or advertising purposes.
It is not much to ask, is it?
Personal data shared by the user with ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal might be stored on our databases. José Antonio Gálvez Castiella works to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of such data.
Our website incorporates security measures to detect the presence of viruses or any other attempt to intrude on the website. But safety measures are never 100% effective and unforeseen problems can occur. For that reason, ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal cannot guarantee the absence of virus or malware that might alter the integrity of the user’s hardware or software.
The communication between the user and ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal is made through a safe channel, and data transmission is encrypted using the HTTPS protocol.
Intellectual and industrial property rights
You should be aware of the intellectual and property rights of ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal.
The contents of ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal are protected by the Spanish Law on Intellectual property. By virtue of the provisions of articles 8 and 32.1, second paragraph, of the Law on Intellectual Property, the reproduction, distribution and public communication, of all or part of the website is expressly prohibited. The user agrees to respect the intellectual and industrial property rights owned by José Antonio Gálvez Castiella.
The user knows and accepts that the entire website, containing the text, software, content (including structure, selection, arrangement and presentation of the same), photographs, audiovisual material and graphics, is protected by trademarks, copyright and other legitimate rights, in accordance with international treaties to which Spain is a party and other property rights and laws of Spain. In the event that a user or a third party considers that there has been a violation of their legitimate intellectual property rights by the introduction of certain content on the web, you must notify ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal of this circumstance, stating:
- personal data of the owner of the rights allegedly infringed, or indicate the representation with which he acts in case the claim is presented by a third party other than the interested party.
- the contents protected by intellectual property rights and their location on the web, proof of ownership of the infringed rights and a formal declaration accepting responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided.
We are the authors and owners of the rights to most of the photos used on ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal. In the rare cases where we use photographs belonging to third parties, we always do so with permission.
ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal publishes links to third-party sites such as:
- tourism boards.
- tourist sector companies.
- news websites.
By publishing such links we only intend to facilitate access to the sources. ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal is not responsible for the use made of such links. ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal is not responsible for the contents of the sites linked. If you feel we are linking to an inappropriate website, please do share your concern with us.
We really appreciate it when other websites link to ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal. But external links do not imply endorsement or recognition on our side.
We love getting comments on ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal. But to ensure a friendly environment, we do not publish comments that:
- are not related to the topic of the site (road trips around Spain and Portugal).
- contain insults, personal attacks or any disrespectful behaviour towards ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal or towards other users.
- have the only purpose of promoting other websites or services.
- are anonymous.
ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal contains ads and affiliate links. However, ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal does not publish sponsored content.
Part of the income generated by ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal comes from affiliate programs. We work with partners such as Booking.com or Rentalcars.com. Links to our partners contain a piece of code that identifies ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal and that may or may not generate a payment for us.
Although we choose our partners with extreme care, we cannot accept any responsibility for the services provided by our partners. We recommend our partners but any failure to deliver their services is their entire responsibility. Any commercial relationship established between the user and one of our partners is an exclusive agreement between the two parties. ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal has no responsibility whatsoever and cannot be held liable for any losses.
Exclusion of guarantees and responsibility
José Antonio Gálvez Castiella, responsible for ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal, cannot be held responsible for any harm caused by:
- interruption of service.
- existence of viruses, malware or the likes on the website.
- lack of quality or availability of third-party services.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
In general, the relations between ROAD TRIP Spain and Portugal and the user of its services, present on this website, are subject to Spanish legislation and jurisdiction and to the courts of Zaragoza, Spain.
The European Commission provides a platform where conflicts and claims can be settled: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
If you have any doubts, queries or need clarification, or if you want to present a claim, you can get in touch with us on the email tony @ roadtripspainandportugal.com Do remember to state your name and request.